Monday, July 18, 2011

10 days and food rules

Good Morning!


 I was tormented in my dreams last night. I tossed and turned all night b/c my dreams were crazy and not in a good way! But a " i cant believe I am dreaming this" kinda way. Any whoooo, I got up and taught BCC even though more than 1/2 of my class decided to stay home!!!!!!! Then I came home and did 35 minutes of Brazil Butt Lift BUM BUM workout and then 35 minutes of the Brazil Butt Lift SCULPT workout. I am really liking lifting weights. Muscles burns fat right? RIGHT!

I am getting ready to make some much needed breakfast ( 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup broccoli and 1 slice of dry whole wheat toast). Then I am taking the kids to the beach by myself so Jason can do some uninterrupted work without anyone here.

6 months ago I hosted a Shakeology 10 day slim down challenge, and I plan to do so again in about 2 weeks. This time I am doing it myself first. So starting today, I am following the exact same plan that i gave to the 32 customers and clients who signed up to take on the challenge.

I constantly yo-yo back and forth with 5-10 pounds. those pounds need to STAY OFF and another 20 need to come off. I set a goal, I achieve it, or come one small pound away from achieving it, and then I gain it back. time to stop that.
My dad, his fabulous girlfriend Joyce, and my sister are coming here in 4 weeks. Then 4 weeks after that I will be heading home to NY. I need to look good!

So I will continue to do what I have done for the past 2 years....WORK ON IT! But this time, I will stick to it. I know, I know, same story different day. We all struggle with this. Although its my job to motivate YOU, I still need someone to motivate ME. :)
Before I go eat and head to the beach..... here are a few "food rules" from Micheal Pollans books titled " food Rules"

#4. Avoid food products that contain high fructose corn syrup - HFCS is added to hundreds of products- breads, cereals, condiments, dressings, basically everything packaged! sugar is sugar and its no good!

#10 Avoid foods that are pretending to be something they are not - imitation butter aka margarine, nonfat cheese, soy based mock meats, artificial sweeteners etc. Non fat cream cheese contains neither cream or cheese. so what the heck is it?????

#13  Eat only foods that will eventually rot - REAL WHOLE FRESH FOODS!

and last one for now

#24 Eating what stands on one leg (mushrooms and plant foods) is better than eating what stands on two legs (fowl) which is better than eating what stands on four legs (cows, pigs and other mammals) - WOW. I love this one.  However- it leaves out fish which are very good for you.

Think about what you are eating people! Plan ahead! Make yourself and your nutrition a priority!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I am starting to get back on track starting TODAY!!!!! I even started my food journal this morning...haven't gotten my workout in yet though...NOT GOOD but still planning on it! I am really getting nervous about the 1/2 marathon since I really haven't ran in a while now..oops! But we can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally hear you on the yo-yoing back and forth...i lose a few during the week and gain it all back on the weekend - ugh!! i love your food rules tips, thanks for sharing. stick with it - you inspire me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just put "food rules - eater's guide" on reserve at the library

    ReplyDelete