Thursday, July 7, 2011

day 4!!!!!!!

Day four was pretty good. I taught BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE from 5-6 am like I normally do on MWand F at the oceanfront. I came home and had one of these....
Greenberry Shakeology with 1/2 a banana, water, ice and about a 1/4 cup frozen strawberries!

 I normally do my workout in the am but I kept working on different things for bootcamp, and BEACHBODY, and even spent almost 2 hours going through every one of my drawers and getting rid of clothes. and i hate cleaning and organizing! Then I was too tired to work out and feeling hundry so I had one of these...
just one whole wheat organic frozen waffle ( thats only 1/2 a serving) with 1/2 tbsp organic agave nectar on top. and also......some squash and 1 egg- left over that the kids didnt want to eat.

These are seasoned with salt and pepper, garlic powder and my fabulous balsamic vinegar. My freind Stacey over at STONEWASH AND BLOOM asked me where I get my " $18 balsamic vinegar" and this is where i got it SEDONA ARIZONA...but they ship to you.  Maybe it wasnt stacey that asked me, but I am linking her blog anyway!

I also made some homemade soup with- bonesless skinless- fat removed- chicken thighs. 1 big box of organic chciken broth, 5 carrots, 1 onion, 1 head of celery, 1 cup of ORGANIC WHEATBERRIES . After it all simmered together for hours, i pulled apart the chicken and added in a cup or two pf peas. I seasoned it with a large bay leaf, salt , pepper, red pepper flakes, italian seasonings, and of course garlic. It was soooo yummy. I ate it 3 times yesterday. Low calories, high protein and fiber, and all real, whole foods, and very filling.....
I  took a pic of my first 2 bowls but not of my 3rd.
This was my first time cooking with wheat berries and i bought them a few months ago. I really loved them, they are small and chewy with a kind of POPPY texture. They kinda POP when you bite into them. I loved it.


I also had a fiber one bar during the day, and I made a 2nd greenberry shake and brought that with me to bootcamp at 6pm.

While the soup was cooking I struggled through P90X Plyometrics....here are 2 pics...
frog hops 2 forward and 2 back....unlike me, Tony H doesnt make us tough the floor. :)  {
we have lived in this house for one year and 3 months, i still dont have anything hanging up on the side of my tv and i have nothing hanging up over my large fireplace. what the heck is wrong with me? We also do not have curtains! LOL i need some help}
This is an arms up, side to side ski thingie, it works your core and love handles GREAT. I also made a short video but I need to edit it and I dont have time right now. I struggled through this workout b/c i normally workout between 7-9 am, and if I dont start by then, I am in trouble. I dont like to workout in the afternoon or at night. If I miss my " window of willingness" in the am, I am a grouch all day and lose energy and motivation and then I start to want to eat badly, all b//c i did not get in my morning workout!

I drank TONS of water yesterday plus all of the fresh veggies that went into my soup, and the fruits that went into my shake. So all in all it was a really great day.

Today is going AWESOME so far and I cant wait to post pictures of my food in the am!
Have a great day! Remember to
1. forward this blog onto your friends
2. be a follower of this blogy blogerson
3. leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Who makes soup in July??? :)
    Sounds yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! i know and we live in virginia beach where it is super hot! i had all the stuff and its filling and easy. so i made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm the soup does sound yummy! and i totally hear you on the "window of willingness" for working out...i waited too long the other day (but did it anyway) and i'm off to a bad start today...thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete