Wednesday, July 6, 2011

day 3.....

Yesterday was not that great. I started to fail after dinner. Here goes...
I got up had my coffee, and then went for a run. This time I wore my running water belt thingie...I ran 3.28 miles. The numbers are always random b/c i just run to a certain street and then run back, and time was an issue for me yesterday, as I had to get home cool down, stretch, eat and shower and be at a clients office in a short amount of time.

here is a pic of me in my belt thingie after my run.... not the most flattering pic, but neither was the one I posted yesterday!
My breakfast was FABULOUS..... 1/2 cup fresh green beans, 1 cup sliced summer squash, 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white, balsamic vinegar and 30 ox of water,,,,,

 For a snack I had 7 whole strawberries and they were super yummy and super sweet

and this super cute kid watched me eat my food while playing around with his daddys P90x BRING IT hat!

My lunch was also amazing..... I had left over whole steamed crabs from my bday last month ( i froze them) so I sat at the table for an hour getting all the meat out of them.... I ended up with a bowl FULL of crab meat. 1/2 a cup of it ended up on my salad for lunch... i wish i got a better pic....

2 cups arugula, 1/2 cup cherry tomato, 1 small cucumber, 2 tbsp feta, 1/2 cup crab meat, 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, balsamic vinegar.
I then snacked on one serving of blue corn tortilla chips and 1 serving of hummus....

I did portion out the hummus.

 My dinner was 1 cup whole wheat pasta shells, 3/4 cup fresh broccoli, 1/4 cup leaks, 1/4 cup black eyed peas, 1/4 cup fresh carrots, 1/2 tbsp EVOO ( thats being generous, i put 2 tablespoons in the whole pan, so i probably ate less than that) and 1/2 tbsp butter ( again- 2 tbsp in whole dish so i am over estimating here) and 1 tbsp shaved ( yum) parmesan cheese. Jason took the camera to bootcamp, so I didnt get a pic of my perfectly portioned out bowl, so we took a pic of his when he came home.
 It wasnt the most flavorful meal. I only seasoned it with salt and pepper and garlic powder. and NOPE, i did NOT put balsamic vinegar on it! LOL

  After that I really wanted some chocolate....so I had a fiber one bar.

 Then the kids wanted more dinner after their bath so I made the each a small bowl and stupidly, I made myself another one as well. Not as big as my first bowl, but STILL- i didnt need it.

 Before bed I had 1 cup fresh blueberries. This was a big eating day.
The total calories fats proteins and carbs for teh day were......
Calories- 1494

Carbs- 198

Fat- 54

Proteins- 74


I feel bad about the 2 servings of dinner. Probably b/c it was pasta based and as you can see, I dont eat very much bread or pasta ( except for the pizza for dinner on the 4th).

Since I ran yesterday and skipped P90X, I plan to do P90x Plyo today and then also do some yoga and abs. I have not yet weighed myself and I wont untill Friday night.
I also have not had my shakeology for 2 days. I hate when that happens and I plan to make one right now for breakfast.
Please leave your comments below, and make sure you are a follwer of this blog. I am giving you all who are reading this a all to action....... Please send the link to this blog to 2 of your friends who you think may be interested.
Have a super fabulous day and thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Yummy food, but under 1500 is not a big eating day for your activity level!! I see a Bodybugg in your future :-) Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost always want chocolate after dinner too. Why is that? And I never tried black eyed peas. What do they taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was actually surprised that the calories were not higher. but its b/c most everything i eat is fresh and whole. i thought with the fiber bar, the tostitos and the pasta that the calories would be much higher. i felt like i was eating all day, even though i guess i wasnt.
    today is day 4 and off to a much better start already!
    Linda- black eyed peas taste much like any other bean. not a strong flavor, but it adds a good amount of protein and fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fiber one bars are like dessert. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. How long does it take you to prepare your meals for each week? Do you shop and then prepare everything? Or just go with the flow each day? And do you make your own recipes or do you get them from somewhere? Sorry. 20 questions here. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot do the arugula...it has a really weird taste to me :( But the rest looks pretty yummy!!! Whenever I have been craving chocolate, I have been drinking a small glass of the Oberweis chocolate milk..it's really thick and chocolaty so it cures my craving :)

    You are seriously addicted to some balsamic vinegar aren't you?! LOL I think I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fiber one bars are good...but they have high fructose corn syrup , which is BAD.
    it doenst take me long to plan my meals, and i havent actually been planning them lately. i just buy the fresh fruits and veggies, and know that i will use them in as many ways as i can in the week. which is why you see so much summer squash. lol. i got like 5 from my sister in laws garden and bought some more.
    i am obsessed with teh vinegar but its not just any vinegar...its been aged for 18 years and cost $18 bucks. its amazing.
    u could always substitue baby spinach for arugula.

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely loving your blog...your honesty makes me smile, your yummy food pics inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. good kristina thanks! and you always comment on my "honesty" LOL.
    more food pics coming up tomorrow morning!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried Arugula, but I will have to. There are some things that you put together, that I would never think to do! LOL. So, with your breakfast, how did you cook (or what did you season) your squash and green beans with? I like that water thing! I hate carrying a water bottle, but its not like I can run anyways! lol. Also, I don't recall if I asked you this, but where do you get the expensive balsamic vinegar?

    ReplyDelete