Tuesday, July 5, 2011

day 2.....

Good Morning!
You all are going to love seeing the pictures of what I ate yesterday!  My day started off great, although I woke up to my period and some terrible day 1 cramps ( sorry guys). I still managed to eat my breakfast and drink my coffee and then  workout. It was P90X Chest and Back day. So i did ridiculous amounts of pushups, and band exercises for my back. I was supposed to do tons of pullups as well, but I didnt feel like having Jason put up the bar and I cant do any pull ups anyway. :) I was also feeling a little sore from my almost 5 mile run in the 95 degree heat the day before. (side note- i havent ran in almost 4 weeks, and sunday was my first day back)

I started my day with breakfast- it was beautiful- but Jason took the camera to bootcamp so I coudl not get a picture.... it was 2 whole eggs, and 1 egg white with 1 cup fresh cooked broccoli and 1 cup fresh garden picked summer squash all drizzled with my new obsession of my aged for 18 years balsamic vinegar. The stuff is amazing.

Later on I had.... 2 trader Joes gluten free waffles ( i dont eat gluten free I just bought these to try them), 5 strawberries sliced up, 1/3 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup sliced banans, topped with 1/2 tbsp organic agave nectar ( yum)
after i ate it, Alivia wanted to take a picture of my unshowered, un-made-up self....and her is what she took...

she followed it up with " EEEW YOU LOOK GROSS" LOLOLOLOL

when shopping at Target I was hungry so we got a bag of Organic Blue Corn Tortilla chips with flax seeds- 10 chips are 1 serving and that is exactly what I had. they are archer farms brand and if you havent tried them...your missing out!

Around 2ish I had- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 small cucumber ( really TEENY), 1/3 cup left over shredded chicken, and 1/3 cup summer squash...all drizzled with ( OF COURSE) my vinegar.
YUMMY. My favorite snack of the day..... is coming up next.......at a whopping 60 - yes SIXTY calories of yummy goodness......... 1 cup arugula, 5 sliced strawberries, 2 tbsp feta, and my special vinegar....


doesnt it just look amazing. no i dont have a recipe. i just look at all of my fresh food and put together what i like. and its AWESOME. i haven't followed a recipe in almost 2 months now! i do love to do that, but it just feels like more of a fall/winter thing to do!

Now here is where it gets bad...... we went to teh boardwalk to watch the the fireworks.....4 hours early. B/c we were warned many times about the craziness that would be down there. So we parked at a friends house, and walked to a pizza place. We ordered nachos as a appetizer.... here is what the whole thing looked like....
YIKES! Here is what I TRIED to portion out for myself....

Not bad, right? TOO BAD it didnt work! I ate probably-18 of those, not the 6 you see here. OPPS. I also ate 1.5 of these SMALL greasy things....

SO, instead of going to a party and snacking on crap and party food all day. I let my dinner be my one cheat meal. It did SOMEWHAT make me feel bad, but only a little.

There was a huge crazy thunderstorm and we had to run back to the car in the pouring rain, lightning and thunder. which was scary but also kinda fun. We got home around 7 and played with the kids on teh living room floor for a while. I ate a fiber one bar about an hour or so before I went to bed. FYI- the kids and Jason all got Icecream and I DID NOT!

That was my day. Not perfect.... but pretty good with the exception of my dinner. The only thing processed and packaged again, was my fiber one bar.
Be a follower of this blog, and leave a comment. All winners will be announced on friday!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't ran in a while either...yikes!!! Really need to get started on the training really soon :) good job on the 5 miles!!!! I am going to start the P90X and Insanity hybrid this week since I have been horribly slacking without bootcamp...it's terrible!!!

    Haha...that pizza and nachos are my total weaknesses and look super yummy...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha, your daughter is hilarious by the way :) and the strawberry salad is making me drool right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stacey- ive been going around 930 am.... wanna run with me on thursday? and you know you can do a drop in to bcc anytime! tomorrow will be 20 minutes of walking lunges! not in a row!
    kristina- i will be having that strawberry salad again today! sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it all looks really good - except for the fact that I don't like strawberries! I think that's one of my biggest eating problems - that I don't like most fruits or vegetables. I have been trying to add veggies to other things I cook to try and get them in, it just doesn't always work since I know they are in there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. then you need some freggin shakeology!!!!! www.myshakeology.com/brookie611 stop making excuses for what you eat and just start making POSITIVE changes... its sooo good for you! do it do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want that strawberry salad!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your strawberries look delicious in all of your pictures. For one of the first times ever, healthy food in this blog looks more appealing to me than the bad food! :)

    So, just out of curiosity....what kind of veggies do you grow in your garden? Do you grow the squash?

    P.S. When I post, why does it say unknown?

    Michelle Eynon

    ReplyDelete